Refund Policy – Academy Teams
For refunds and credits for the FC Durham Academy Team Program, please refer to the signed Financial Obligation Agreement which was part of the player registration form and is also located on the academy website.
- If a player elects to leave the Academy for any reason at any point in time during the annual program, there will be no refund of fees paid to date, and there will be no waiver or forgiveness of any outstanding or future financial obligation due to the Academy. The player will be charged an additional 1-month payment beyond the de-registration request date to cover administration costs related to the de-registration. For example – A player requests de-registration from FC Durham Academy on June 14. The initial payment and monthly payments from November 1 to June 1 are not refundable, as well as the July 1 payment must be submitted to the Academy.
- If a player is dismissed from the Academy for disciplinary reasons, there will be no refund of fees paid up to the dismissal date, and there will be no waiver or forgiveness of any outstanding financial obligations due to the Academy.
- Festival, tournament and showcase deposits are non-refundable.
- All NSF cheques are subject to a $40.00 administration fee, paid by the customer to FC Durham Academy.
- If a player leaving the academy or a player which is being dismissed from the academy, has paid the academy team annual fees online, the refund calculation will not include the $2.00 transaction fee and the 3.25% processing fees that have been paid to the date of de-registration request or dismissal. These fees have been paid to the service provider.
- In the event of an FC Durham Academy player obtaining a long-term injury, FC Durham Academy will adhere to the following in regard to the financial commitment:
- 1-7 weeks missed of training and games – There will be no credit or refunds of academy annual fees.
- 8 weeks or more missed of training and games – FC Durham Academy will credit or refund all academy fees beyond the period and up to the return to program. Returning to the program includes any injury recovery training taking place at FC Durham Academy training. Refunds and credit will go by the monthly payments and will not be pro-rated by weeks missed.
Example 1 – A player sustains a long-term injury on November 14 and returns to the FC Durham Academy training environment for recovery training any date in the time period of November 21 to January 8, there will be no refund or credit provided.
Example 2 - A player sustains a long-term injury on November 14 and returns to the FC Durham Academy training environment for recovery training on any date in the time period of January 9 to February 4, there will be a refund or credit of a 1-month payment.